Residence permit (and CPR number)

Please note: there are different procedures for EU, non-EU and Scandinavian students. The summary information here is for non-EU students. Please visit the URL below for more information.

To reside in Denmark for more than 3 months you will need to apply for a residence permit (before you arrive in Denmark). The application form and more information about what to do will be sent to you along with your official letter of admission.

For more information: DMJX website re residence permit / Study in Denmark website.

Please note: once you have your residence permit you must also apply for a Danish ID number known as a "CPR" number. Read more about the CPR via these links: DMJX website re CPR number / Study in Denmark website.